1. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists. List-I (Provision of Constitutional Amendment)
(a) Right to form Co-operative societies under Article 19(1)(c)
(b) Protection of SC/ST reservation in filling backlog of vacancies
(c) Formation of National Judicial Appointments Commission
(d) Limiting the size of the Council of Ministers List-II (Number of Constitutional Amendment)
1. 81st Amendment, 2000
2. 91st Amendment, 2003
3. 97th Amendment, 2011
4. 99th Amendment, 2014 Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3 2 4 1 (B) 1 4 2 3
(C) 3 1 4 2 (D) 2 3 1 4
2. Under Article 344 of Indian Constitution, the first ‘Official Language Commission’ was established
(A) In 1950 under the Chairmanship of K.M. Munshi
(B) In 1955 under the Chairmanship of B.G. Kher
(C) In 1960 under the Chairmanship of M.C. Chagala
(D) In 1965 under the Chairmanship of Humayun Kabir
3. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists. List-I
(a) Curtailment of the power of judicial review
(b) Abolition of Right to property as a fundamental right
(c) Lowering the voting age from 21 to 18
(d) Addition of the word secular in the preamble List-II
1. 61st Amendment
2. 42nd Amendment
3. 38th Amendment
4. 44th Amendment Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 4 3 (B) 2 4 1 3
(C) 3 4 1 2 (D) 4 1 3 2
4. Which Article of the Constitution provides that every state shall endeavour to provide an adequate facility for instruction in mother tongue at primary stage of education?
(A) Article 349
(B) Article 350
(C) Article 350A
(D) Article 351
5. Which of the following languages was added in the eighth schedule of the Constitution in 2003?
6. Under which one of the following Constitutional Amendment Acts, four languages were added to the languages under the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution. Thereby raising their number to 22?
(A) Constitution (90th Amendment) Act
(B) Constitution (91st Amendment) Act
(C) Constitution (92nd Amendment) Act
(D) Constitution (93rd Amendment) Act
7. Which one of the following is correct about the languages mentioned in the Constitution of India?
(A) State can compel the linguistic minorities to choose their mother tongue as a medium of instruction in primary schools
(B) ‘Angika’ is now included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution
(C) Hindi is National language of India
(D) Bodo is a recognized language in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution
8. Which of the following languages is spoken by maximum number of persons in the world?
9. Which of the following languages is not included in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution?
10. Which three languages have been added to the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution by 71st Amendment?
(A) Sindhi, Manipuri, Konkani
(B) Konkani, Kashmiri, Nepali
(C) Nepali, Konkani, Manipuri
(D) Nepali, Konkani, Assamese
11. Which of the following is not included in Eighth Schedule of our Constitution?
(A) Gujarati (B) Kashmiri
(C) Rajasthani (D) Dogri
12. Which Article of Indian Constitution provides the procedure for adoption of Official Language or Languages of the State?
(A) 343 (B) 344
(C) 345 (D) 346
13. The number of official languages recognised by the constitution in the eight schedule is……
(A) 16 (B) 17
(C) 18 (D) 22
14. The Provisions related to official language of India can be amended by
(A) Simple majority
(B) Minimum 2/3 majority
(C) Minimum 3/4 majority
(D) Cannot be amended
15. Which of the following States has given the Sanskrit language the status of second official language?
(C) Uttar Pradesh
16. Which one of the following is a language of Baluchistan but from philological aspect it is a language of Dravidian family?
17. Which one of the following languages included in the VIII Schedule of the Constitution is spoken by the largest number of people?
18. Which of the following is the correct sequence in descending order of the Indian languages, being used as mother tongue?
4. Telugu Select correct answer using the code given below.
(A) 1, 4, 3, 2 (B) 1, 2, 4, 3
(C) 1, 4, 2, 3 (D) 4, 2, 1, 3