1. National Highway No. 2 passes through
(A) Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Goa
(B) Goa, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala
(C) Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala
(D) Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram
2. National Highway 4 passes through
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(B) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Andman and Nicobar
3. In total there are how many National Highways in India and approximaterly what is their total length?
(A) 34 and 16,000 km
(B) 44 and 24,000 km
(C) 54 and 32,000 km
(D) 228 and 1,15,435 km
4. Which of the following States of India has maximum total length of State Highways?
(A) Gujarat (B) Rajasthan
(C) Uttar Pradesh (D) Maharashtra
5. Which one of the following states has the largest kilometres of National Highways in India?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(B) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
6. Which development is associated with Golden Quadrilateral?
(C) Power Grids
(D) Tourism Networks
7. Which State of India has the maximum length of State Highways?
(A) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Madhya Pradesh
8. What is the Golden Quadrilateral?
(A) Rail lines joining metros
(B) Major Air Routes
(C) National Highway Project
(D) Cold Trade Routes
9. Golden Quadrilateral Project of India joins
(A) Delhi – Mumbai – Chennai – Kolkata
(B) Delhi – Jhansi – Bengaluru – Kanyakumari
(C) Srinagar – Delhi – Kanpur – Kolkata
(D) Porbandar – Bengaluru – Kolkata – Kanpur
10. The East-West and North-South Express Highways cross at
(A) Gwalior (B) Jhansi
(C) Bhopal (D) Sagar
11. ‘Pradhanmantri Bharat Jodo Pariyojna’ is related to
(B) Social Integration
(C) Linking of Rivers
(D) Development of Highways
12. Two National Highways i.e., Srinagar – Kanyakumari Highway and Silchar – Porbandar Highway, which are constructed under National Highway Development Project shall meet at
(A) Bhopal (B) Gwalior
(C) Jhansi (D) Nagpur
13. The meeting town of North-South and East-West Corridor Super- Highway is
(A) Hyderabad (B) Delhi
(C) Nagpur (D) Jhansi
14. Which one of the following cities is not connected by National Highway No. 3?
(A) Kullu (B) Bhopal
(C) Manali (D) Hamirpur
15. Which one of the following pairs of cities has been connected by a sixlane expressway?
(A) Ahmedabad and Vadodra
(B) Dhaka and Chittagong
(C) Mumbai and Pune
(D) Islamabad and Lahore
16. The National Highway from Delhi to Kolkata via Delhi is numbered
(A) 1 (B) 19
(C) 4 (D) 8
17. The Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana is
(A) to augment road connectivity and provide food grains to the poorest of the poor at cheaper rates
(B) to facilitates patrolling of the area to prevent misuse of electricity by unauthorised persons
(C) to help police to reach the place of crime more swiftly to control crime-spurt
(D) to develop community life in villages which are not well connected
18. Which of the following statements about National Highways Development Project are correct?
(A) It connects Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata
(B) Its total length is 5,846 km
(C) North-South corridor connects Srinagar and Kanyakumari
(D) East-West corridor connects Silchar and Dwarka
19. ….. carries 40 percent of road traffic of India.
(A) National Highways
(B) State roads
(C) District roads
(D) Village roads
20. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Haldia – Allahabad : National Waterway
(B) Nasik – Pune : National Highway-50
(C) Durgapur – Kolkata : Express Highways
(D) Hyderabad : Headquarter of South Central Railway
21. Which among the following National Highway route is the longest?
(A) Agra – Mumbai
(B) Chennai – Thane
(C) Kolkata – Hazira
(D) Pune – Machilipatnam
22. If you travel by road from Kohima to Kottayam, what is the minimum number of States within India through which you can travel, including the origin and the destination?
(A) 6 (B) 7
(C) 8 (D) 9
23. ‘Jawahar Tunnel’ passes through which place?
(A) Pir Panjal (B) Banihal
(C) Burjila (D) Jojila
24. The width between two rails of Broad gauge is
(A) 6½ ft (B) 5½ ft
(C) 5 ft (D) 4½ ft
25. The first railway line in India was started in the year.
(A) 1856 (B) 1853
(C) 1858 (D) 1855
26. When was the first railway line opened in India and between which stations?
(A) Between Delhi-Agra in 1854
(B) Between Bombay and Pune in 1853
(C) Between Bombay and Thane in 1853
(D) None of the above
27. The railways in India was first opened in
(A) 1853 (B) 1854
(C) 1855 (D) 1859
28. The Rail Ministry of India has plan to introduce Bullet train between
(A) Mumbai – Ahmedabad
(B) Mumbai – Hyderabad
(C) Mumbai – New Delhi
(D) Mumbai – Pune
29. The shortest rail route of Mumbai from Gorakhpur runs through
(A) Agra (B) Allahabad
(C) Jhansi (D) Delhi
30. The headquarter of South-Eastern Railway is
(A) Nagpur (B) Bilaspur
(C) Hyderabad (D) Kolkata
31. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched? Railway Zone Headquarters
(A) North-Eastern Railway – Gorakhpur
(B) South-Eastern Railway – Bhubaneswar
(C) Eastern Railway – Kolkata
(D) South-East Central Railway – Bilaspur
32. Where is the Headquarters of North-Central Railway Zone situated?
(A) Allahabad (B) Jabalpur
(C) Bhopal (D) Delhi
33. The Railway zone headquarters Hajipur is located in
(A) Chhattisgarh (B) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Jharkhand (D) Bihar
34. Which of the following groups of states where passenger rail coaches are manufactured widely?
(A) Punjab and Tamil Nadu
(B) Odisha and West Bengal
(C) Tamil Nadu and West Bengal
(D) West Bengal and Punjab
35. Diesel rail locomotive are manufactured at
(A) Chittaranjan (B) Manduadih
(C) Jamshedpur (D) Perambur
36. In which industry is Sal Wood used mostly?
(D) Railway Sleepers
37. Where is Railway Staff College located?
(A) Madras (B) Vadodra
(C) Allahabad (D) Hyderabad
38. On which rail section the first CNG train was launched?
(A) Delhi – Agra section
(B) Rohtak – Chandigarh section
(C) Delhi – Chandigarh section
(D) Rewari – Rohtak section
39. The third rail coach factory is being established at
(A) Amethi (B) Raibareli
(C) Champaran (D) Kapurthala
40. Which one of the following statements is not true of the Konkan Railway?
(A) The total length is about 760 km
(B) It runs through the states of Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and Kerala
(C) It is the only rail route that cuts across the Western Ghats
(D) The Konkan Railway Construction Company which came into being raised money through Public Issues
41. Which of the following States became the first State where the railway track was made on the PPP model?
42. Which one of the following sets of States benefit the most from the Konkan Railway?
(A) Goa, Karnataka, Maharashtra
(B) Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu
(C) Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Goa, Maharashtra
(D) Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa, Tamil Nadu
43. The Konkan Railway connects
(A) Mumbai to Manmad
(B) Roha to Mangalore
(C) Mangalore to Kochi
(D) Mumbai to Pune
44. Which of the railway connecting the following two stations has been recognised as heritage railway line by UNESCO?
(A) Siliguri and Darjeeling
(B) Allahabad and Varanasi
(C) Mumbai and Thane
(D) Amritsar and Ludhiana
45. Konkan Railway does not connect
46. Which one of the following numbered Rajdhani trains covers the longest distance?
(A) 12429 Bangalore City Junction
(B) 12431 Trivandrum Central
(C) 12433 Chennai Central
(D) 12435 Dibrugarh Town
47. Which one of the following states is deprived from rail service in India?
(C) Arunachal Pradesh
48. Consider the map given below. Two tourists travelling from Delhi, one to Karachi and the other to Bhuj wanted to have company. The railway junction up to which they can travel together as shown in the map is Indian Railway Bhuj Delhi Karachi
(A) Phulera (B) Jodhpur
(C) Luni (D) Balotra
49. What is the correct sequence of the following rail tunnels by length in descending order?
(A) Pir Panjal, Karbude, Nathuwadi, Berdewadi
(B) Karbudi, Pir Panjal, Nathuwadi, Berdewadi
(C) Berdewadi, Nathuwadi, Pir Panjal, Karbude
(D) Nathuwadi, Berdewadi, Karbude, Pir Panjal
50. Which among the following has the largest shipyard in India?