1. The largest Jute producing state in India is
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(C) Tamil Nadu
(D) West Bengal
2. Largest area under jute cultivation in India is in
(A) Assam (B) West Bengal
(C) Bihar (D) Meghalaya
3. The lower Gangetic plain is characterized by humid climate with high temperature throughout the year. Which one among the following pairs of crops is most suitable for this region?
(A) Paddy and Cotton
(B) Wheat and Jute
(C) Paddy and Jute
(D) Wheat and Cotton
4. Maize crop can be grown during
(A) Kharif Season
(B) Rabi Season
(C) Zaid Season
(D) Throughout the year
5. Which of the following crops is grown throughout the year?
(A) Black gram (B) Wheat
(C) Mustard (D) Maize
6. Which of the following is C4 plant?
(A) Paddy (B) Soyabean
(C) Maize (D) Wheat
7. Maturity period of Maize crop is
(A) 40 days (B) 60 days
(C) 140 days (D) 110 days
8. Commercial production of saffron takes place in which of the following states?
(A) Jammu and Kashmir
(B) Himachal Pradesh
9. Shaktiman-I and Shaktiman-II are the genetically modified crops of
(A) Cotton (B) Rice
(C) Maize (D) Wheat
10. The only state which produces saffron in India is
(A) Himachal Pradesh
(C) Jammu and Kashmir
11. The longest quantity of saffron is produced in
(A) North-East Hills
12. Which of the following crop cycle is considered best for Eastern U.P.?
(A) Paddy – Maize – Wheat
(B) Maize – Potato – Moong
(C) Maize – Toria – Wheat
(D) Cotton – Wheat – Moong
13. Which one of the following is cultivated by transplanting seedlings?
(A) Maize (B) Sorghum
(C) Onion (D) Soyabean
14. India’s rank in vegetable production is
(A) First (B) Second
(C) Fourth (D) Fifth
15. Who is credited for initiating the cultivation of rajma and potato in Bhagirathi valley?
(B) Rama Brahamachari
(D) Maharaja Sudarshan Shah
16. Seedless variety of mango is
(B) Bombay Green
(C) Krishna Bhog
17. Which of the following countries produces maximum vegetables in the world?
(A) China (B) U.S.A.
(C) India (D) Brazil
18. Lalit is the developed variety of which of the following fruits?
(A) Mango (B) Gauva
(C) Banana (D) Straw-berry
19. Which one of the following mango variety has been developed as a result of cross between Dasheri and Neelam?
(A) Alphanso (B) Amrapali
(C) Chausa (D) Mallika
20. ‘Kanchan’ is an improved variety of
(B) Indian gooseberry
21. Which among the following variety of mango is a regular crop variety?
(A) Chausa (B) Langra
(C) Dasheri-I (D) None of these
22. The maximum production of Banana is obtained from the state of
(A) Tamil Nadu
(C) Uttar Pradesh
23. Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(A) Paddy – Govind
(B) Wheat – Shusk Samrat
(C) Arhar – Paras
(D) Pea – Prakash
24. Which one of the following pair is correctly matched? Area Main Economic Activity
(A) Ladakh – Cotton Textiles
(B) Dandakaranya – Cultivation of Jute
(C) North Bihar – Sugar Industry
(D) Royal Seema – Tea Plantation
25. Gujarat is among the leading producers of which of the following crop?
(A) Wheat (B) Sugarcane
(C) Bajra (D) Coconut
26. The best Potato variety for processing purposes is
(A) Kufri Ashoka
(B) Kufri Badshah
(C) Kufri Chipsona-2
(D) Kufri Satluj
27. In which of the following science fields Borlaug Award is given?
(B) Space Research
(C) Atomic Physics
(D) Agricultural Science
28. Which of the following crops are grown mostly under subsistence farming?
(A) Coarse Cereals and Rice
(B) Cotton and Tobacco
(C) Tea and Coffee
(D) Vegetable and Fruits
29. One of the aim of National Food Security Mission is to bring sustainable growth, in cultivated land and productivity of some crops in selected districts. Which are these crops?
(A) Only Rice and Wheat
(B) Only Rice, Wheat and Pulses
(C) Only Rice, Wheat, Pulses and Oilseeds
(D) Rice, Wheat, Pulses and Vegetables
30. Which of the following is a cereal grain product?
(A) Oat meal (B) Sago
(C) Soya flour (D) Arrowroot
31. Stem of ginger which grows in the soil and stores food is called
(A) Bulb (B) Rhizome
(C) Rhizophora (D) Corn
32. Among the following states, which one has the most suitable climatic conditions for the cultivation of a large variety of orchids with minimum cost of production and can develop an export oriented industry in this field?
(A) Andhra Pradesh
(B) Arunachal Pradesh
(C) Madhya Pradesh
(D) Uttar Pradesh
33. ‘Mandua’ (Koda) grain in Uttarakhand is exported mostly to which country?
(A) United States of America
(B) Great Britain
(C) Singapore (D) Japan
34. Which one of the following states of India has been declared the first bio or fully organic state of the country?
(A) Uttarakhand (B) Bihar
(C) Sikkim (D) Chhattisgarh
35. Which one of the following States was declared in January 2016 to be the first organic State of India?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh
36. Identify the correct sequence of the following states in terms of fish production in descending order.
(A) Gujarat, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu
(B) Kerala, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu
(C) Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Kerala, Tamil Nadu
(D) Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Kerala
37. In India, cluster bean (Guar) is traditionally used as a vegetable or animal food, but recently it’s cultivation has assumed significance. Which one of the following statements is correct in this context?
(A) The oil extracted from seeds is used in the manufacture of biodegradable plastics
(B) The gum made from its seeds is used in the extraction of shale gas
(C) The leaf extract of this plant has the properties of antihistamines
(D) It is a source of high quality biodiesel
38. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(A) Storage quality of apple is reduced due to the deficiency of calcium
(B) West Bengal is the largest vegetable producing state in India
(C) Linseed oilseed crop can be grown throughout the year
(D) Third generation pesticide was first proposed by C.M. Williams
39. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(A) The fibre length of cotton is 1-5 cm
(B) Boron is a micro nutrient
(C) Recommended dose of fertilizer
(kg/ha) for Pusa Basmati Rice is N(120), P(60), K(60)
(D) Edible part of apple is mesocarp
40. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(A) Dr. B.P. Pal was the first Director General of I.C.A.R.
(B) India’s rank in rice production in the world is second
(C) Soyabean seed contains 20% oil and 40% protein
(D) ‘Aman’ rice is sown in March- April
41. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(A) Jharkhand state is the highest producer of lac in India
(B) Planting Commission has divided India into Agro Climatic Regions
(C) Kunchikal waterfall is located in Karnataka State of India
(D) Andhra Pradesh is the largest producer of rice in India
42. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Canyon – River
(B) Zeugen – Wind
(C) Inselberg – Glacier
(D) Moraine – Glacier
43. India’s contribution in the worlds fruit production is
(A) 20% (B) 25%
(C) 10% (D) 15%
44. Which of the following pairs of states and their important crops are correctly matched?
1. Kerala – Tapioca
2. Maharashtra – Cotton
3. West Bengal – Flax
4. Gujarat – Groundnut Code
(A) 1, 2 and 3 (B) 1, 2 and 4
(C) 1, 3 and 4 (D) 2, 3 and 4
45. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists. List-I
(a) Western Ghat
(b) Conifer forest
(d) Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh List-II
1. Dahiya 2. Waltre
3. Jhum 4. Kumari Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 4 2 3 1 (B) 4 3 2 1
(C) 3 4 1 2 (D) 3 2 1 4
46. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists. List-I (Agricultural Products)
(a) Cotton (b) Gram
(c) Black pepper (d) Pineapple List-II (Foremost producer)
1. Madhya Pradesh
3. West Bengal
4. Kerala Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 2 1 4 3 (B) 2 1 3 4
(C) 1 2 4 3 (D) 1 2 3 4
47. In the map given below four areas are differently shaded, three of which indicate cereal crops production areas and one indicates non-cereal crop production area. As per the index given, the non cereal crop production area is India 1 2 3 4 Cereal Crop Production Area
(A) 1 (B) 2
(C) 3 (D) 4
48. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists. List-I (Name of the Crop)
(a) Sugarcane (b) Paddy
(c) Arhar (d) Potato List-II (Name of Disease)
1. Late Blight 2. Red Rot
3. Khaira 4. Wilt Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 1 2 3 4 (B) 2 3 4 1
(C) 3 2 1 4 (D) 4 3 2 1
49. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists. List-I (Crops)
(a) Rice (b) Wheat
(c) Sugarcane (d) Gram List-II
(Crop destroying creatures)
2. Ghundi Bag
3. Oily shearing Grasshopper
4. Top shoot borer moth
5. Bollworm Code
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 2 3 4 5 (B) 3 1 2 4
(C) 2 1 4 5 (D) 5 4 1 3
50. Consider the following statements.
1. Maize can be used for the production of starch.
2. Oil extracted from maize can be a feedstock for biodiesel.
3. Alcoholic beverages can be produced by using maize. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(A) Only 1
(B) Only 1 and 2
(C) Only 2 and 3
(D) 1, 2 and 3